POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cloth experiment : Re: Cloth experiment Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth experiment
From: gilrain
Date: 29 Nov 2001 16:23:20
Message: <3c06a748$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

"Chaps" wrote in message news:3c066bd1@news.povray.org...
> I am playing with a cloth model inspired by other post. I have built an
> external program that allow to create a mesh2 object, and make it interact
> with gravity, wind and elementary objects (spheres, torus...).

Sounds like an interesting and worthy project; and a good start!

> Is there someone who has some advice on the subject?

I don't know much about it myself, but there are many discussions on cloth
simulation on various pages... One page I've found a good resource for this
sort of thing is the "Good-looking Textured Light-sourced Bouncy Fun Smart
and Stretchy Page" (I love the name!). It's at
http://www.esite-host.com/~rocketmg/. The author has a specific article on
cloth simulation, here:
http://www.esite-host.com/~rocketmg/models/m_cloth.htm.

The site has many introductory articles about general algorithms for things
like particle systems, gravity, collision detection and whatnot. I suggest a
casual visit, at least. ;)

Hope it helps,

 -- gilrain